Thursday, April 12, 2012

For as long as I can remember, I've loved makeup! It's just something that's always been so amazing to me. Watching my mom getting ready in the morning for work, she would fill in her eyebrows with such precision. She would make all these funny faces while trying to apply her mascara, and I would mimmick her when she wasn't looking. Always wearing a pretty peachy pink color on her cheeks to make herself look a bit more lively. Lipstick was always a soft pink, something flattering and natural. It was so inspiring.

While I always appreciated makeup, I never really started playing around with it until the 7th grade. I think that was mainly because I was going through my "Goth Phase" and needed to perfect my raccoon eyes. I was the first one of my group to figure out that you needed to set your eyeliner with eye shadow to prevent smearing. I felt so mature knowing that. I would do my friend's makeup and talk their ears off teaching them how to properly apply everything. Afterwards, they'd gush at how wonderful they looked and that was when I knew what made me happy. Sure applying makeup is a fun little hobby. Doing reviews on new products and finding your right shade of foundation is always so time consuming. But what I love the most about it, what I am most infatuated with about makeup, is the reaction people get after I've made them over.

Everyone is made beautiful, but not everyone can see that in themselves. Sometimes they need a little push in the right direction to really see what the world sees. Makeup can enhance your features so wonderfully, it's almost like magic. It's so awesome and I just get such an adrenaline rush thinking about it all. I've learned so much over the years, but still have a lot more to learn. I think with the help of the internet, I can be a makeup artist someday. I want to make a living doing something that I love and doing something that makes me happy. Here's to hoping that through this makeup blog that someday will come soon.

-Mariah

No comments:

Post a Comment