Wednesday, May 30, 2012

HOMESTUCK MAKEUP SERIES!

KANAYA MARYAM
(picture belongs to andrew hussie)


I know this may be a little different, but i'm very much into this web comic known as Homestuck!
The fandom is HUGE and full of very creative and talented people! I've seen so many amazing cosplays, and while I haven't ever cosplayed myself, I thought it would be fun to do a makeup series for each of the female characters! 
The first character, or, "Troll" on my list was Kanaya! I really love her because she is extremely fashion forward and is known to love wearing a jade green lipstick! Now, I do not own any jade green lipstick and had to improvise with a NYX jumbo eye pencil and some eye shadow, BUT, it worked out in the end! 

I guess i'll get straight to it and share with you all how I pulled off this look :)

Start off by priming your face and eyes! I unfortunately do not own a face primer and it's not needed, but recommended!

Next up, use a black base on your eyelids to help your eyeshadow stick and pop out more! I'm using NYX's Black Bean for this look

.
Don't forget to blend it out!

Next up, get a small eyeshadow brush/paddle brush and pack on some greeen shadow of choice! Here i'm using the green directly under my brush from the coastal scents 88 Shimmer Palette!

You really have to pack on the color with this particular eyeshadow! But it's worth it in the end!

I'm sorry for the blurry shot, but I took a small angled brush and used the color directly underneath for my crease!

Here I am adding that darker green into my crease! Just use a windshield wiper motion!

Now grab a clean fluffy blending brush and blend out any harsh edges.

This is what it should look like so far!

Now take a sparkly black (or a matte black, either is fine!) 

And with a pencil brush/precise brush, add a very small amount of the black to the very outer corner of your eyes and slightly into the crease. You just want to darken it ever so lightly! Also, bring the black under your eye a bit, so it's all connected.

Remember that green I used earlier? Well if you go directly up from it, you'll find this pretty light green color!  I am using it as my highlight shade.

I went under the arch of my brow, inner corners of my eyes, and swept the color under my eyes to meet that black/dark green.

I took a liquid liner and did a cat eye, starting from the middle of my eyes, and working to the outer corners.

It should look like this!

I took my 88 Original palette and used the exact same green (in the same spot as the green from the shimmer that I used on my eyelids), took a small blush brush, then adding some contouring to my cheeks.

Now I took my Black Bean and LIGHTLY added some of it to my lips and blended it out. I then used that dark green directly above the Jumbo Eye Pencil in the picture, and packed in onto my lips. It was a little too dark, so I put a little of the green from my cheeks onto the very center of my lips.
(OOPS! I did add a small coat of black mascara, but that was too tricky to try and capture!)

Now for what you've all been waiting for! The completed look! :D






I hope you all enjoyed reading this, and please leave a comment below to tell me what you think!

♥Mariah♥


2 comments: